Wednesday, October 01, 2014

GSKin Miracle Starter Kit Review 2014

Since high school, acne has always been my problem. I love wearing makeup, even though I have sensitive, combination skin. I tried products that provided temporary relief, but will not maintain my acne prone skin for the long haul.

When I entered college, I started going to a dermatologist. Yes, my acne was cleared, but maintaining it was too hard for me. I had to visit the derma for at least twice a month, buy their products once a month, be broke and spend thousands of peso for those maintenance once a month. Whenever I noticed my skin 80% clear, I skipped visiting the derma, which eventually lead to not visiting again at all. And after several months, my dilemma starts again.

I tumbled across a blog proclaiming that this product miraculously transformed her skin to flawless and acne free. I’m really desperate, I had my acne surged last month, which left my skin scarred. When I finished the products from my derma, I rushed to buy the product.
GSkin miracle starter kit costs P550, and is available worldwide. I ordered from their new website, and I got my package almost a week after, instead of 1-2 days after ordering. Georgina Sasha herself told me that they are still working on their website.

I was really excited to try it but before anything else, I had to remember these:image
I liked the protective cap of the sunblock gel, night cream and rejuvenating toner.image
1) Kojic Soap: It should be lathered for up to 2-3 minutes. It has a slight citrusy scent and it does not melt too fast. However, make-up,oil, and grimes are not easily removed after one wash.

2)Rejuvenating toner: It should be apply next after the Kojic Soap. It feels a bit sticky than other toner, it has a yellowish tone and it has no scent. Notice the no-spill cap. So cute!image
The sunblock gel: It should be apply prior to going out during the day, and can also be used as soothing gel whenever you feel a sting. I love using this, its lighter than my sunblock lotion, absorbs easily, and it doesn’t clog my pores. (Based on day 1 onward) It has no scent.
image
The Bleaching 4-in-1 Night Cream: It should be applied thinly every night. I feel a stinging sensation when I used it, and it doesn’t glide smoothly on my face. It has no scent.image
Night 1: Here goes my no-makeup close-up selfie. Hashtag no edit hashtag no filter HAHAHA! Notice the redness on some spots.image
I’m into tanning, so this will not only remove blemishes and acne scars, but it will also remove uneven skin tone, and some of my little freckles, as well. I used L’oreal True Match Tinted Sunscreen, and I set it with 3W Clinic Professional Powder: Crystal Creator Bright; all mild, during the day

Night 3: Notice the peeling around the nose and the lips, and the obvious one, on my chin. I think it peels a lot in that area because that is where I breakout the most, I have PCOS. I also feel super itch below my lips (upper side of chin)image
It gets really painful whenever I do the night ritual (Kojic Soap, Rejuvenating Toner, Bleaching Cream). So what I do is I use the Kojic soap as fast as I can, pat on the rejuvenating toner instead of applying it upward, and I just put bleaching cream where i have acne scars and problem areas.

Day 10: Some of my blackheads are not that visible, my pimples on my chin is still there, but WOW look at the texture of my skin! The pores are smaller, and the skin is now refined. Look at the sheen on my skin, I always wanted this! WOW! I wonder what will happen on day 30! :) *excited*image
Lemme take a selfie! ;) By the way I’m using Etude House Color Pop Lip Stain in Orange :* There is still redness all over my face (compare the skin tone of my neck to my face), and I feel the itch below my lips. No filter lolsimage

Night12: WTH HAPPENED TO MY FACE. New pimples ;(imageimage
Thats my chin :( I continued to use this product, even I had this major breakout. You know the feeling of freshly waxed underarms? I feel it in my face. The sunblock gel have to go, I run out of it already because it is so good to use. Perfect for tropical country like the Philippines.

Night 13: Breakout reached my left cheek :( I stopped using the starter kit because my face feels like a wound with freshly squeezed lemon juice in it. :( :( I have nice texture of skin, but I have breakout!
image

I applied Sansacne 4 all over my face, more redness. image
Day 15: I am still not using the GSkin Miracle Starter Kit since day 13. I’m using other brands and Sansacne day and night.

Olga’s Verdict

Effectivity: 7/10 - I experienced peeling as early as 3 days, and my skin had great texture. However, it does not have antibacterial property to prevent acne from striking again (or if it does, it is not that effective for me). There are lots of factors why I am breaking out, I have PCOS so it greatly affects the oiliness of my skin. Everything that happened to my face is not solely because of GSkin Miracle Starter kit. Plus, the ingredients are too strong for me that I experienced itch under my lips all day. I have a high pain tolerance, but this is too much tiis ganda.

Pocket-friendly: 7/10 - For P550 per kit, It is quite reasonable.It is cheaper than products people sell in derma clinics, but it is more expensive than drugstore products. However, I’ve seen similar products available online for half the price. I ran out of sunblock gel as early as 2 weeks so I think you have to buy some products again to finish the peeling for 30 days

Accesibility: 5/10 - They do not have a physical store, I ordered it on their website. It is a hassle because you will get lost in their website, plus you won’t be able to track your products via sms, through e-mail only. They have re-sellers on instagram, but I still haven’t tried ordering there.

Would you recommend this to your readers?
I would recommend GSkin Miracle Starter Kit to my readers who has a higher pain tolerance than mine. :( I would recommend it if you don’t spend your day under the sun everyday, and you doesn’t commute (or if you do, vehicles with AC are much preferable). You can buy the starter kit here

Would you use it again?
I will use it again if my acne is really gone, as in not coming back forever! However, I may use this with Sansacne, after I cleared my face up. 

What are your recommendations for GSkin Miracle Starter Kit?
I recommend that GSkin Miracle Starter Kit should have a version for Sensitive Skin. Plus, they should have an antibacterial properties added to the starter kit. We never know when acne will strike again, so it is better to be protected. 

No candy-coated reviews here. ;)
Love,
Olga :*

2 comments:

  1. I'm on my third day using ds gskin starter kit and my face is obviously reddish. My husbnd even asked f im sick or if I hav allergies. I told hm its my new soap. He said that I looked like I was slapped in the face 10 times. Its really reddish and I myt hav to skip ds maybe untl aftr my child's bday ds sat. Bka sbhn ng mga bisita pinagsasampal ako. Now my issue is I cnt hide the redness even f I apply powder or wash my face with water. Dunno wat to do on the day of the party :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi maijan56,

      Oh my that's bad. :( I think you should stop using the product. Whenever I have redness on my face, I apply an ice cube wrapped in a soft cloth to reduce it. I think you have a sensitive skin like mine. To cover the redness, I apply a bb cream before applying powder. My favorite is Pond's Flawless White BB Cream, it acts as a light concealer and a light foundation as well, I like it because it is not that oily compared to other brands. After applying it, finish it off with a translucent powder. Make sure it matches your skin tone, honey! :*


      Love,
      Olga :*

      Delete